Install Soundflower on Mac computers
Soundflower is a kernel extension for MacOS, designed to create a virtual audio output device which NovoConnect Software for MacOS relies on to output audio properly. This article describes how to install Soundflower on Mac computers.
NovoConnect Software and LauncherPlus/LauncherOne Software
- Download the installer: soundflower_2.0b2.zip.
- Unzip and double-click Soundflower.pkg to start. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Additional Steps for MacOS 10.13 +
- Due to security and privacy changes introduced starting with MacOS 10.13, some additional steps are needed during and after the installation process.
Security and Unidentified Developer
- You may run into the following “unidentified developer” issue during Soundflower installation.
- In this case, follow these steps to enable a successful installation:
- Open the "System Preferences" and go to "Security & Privacy". You should find “Soundflower.pkg” under tab “General”. Click on “Open Anyway”.
- When the following dialog shows up, click on “Open” to continue.
- Then, you can re-start the Soundflower installer and it should complete successfully.
- Lastly, even though not required, it is a good practice to restart your Mac after a successful installation.
Privacy and Sound
For MacOS 10.14 +, one additional configuration is needed regarding the audio output.
- Open the "System Preferences" and go to "Security & Privacy".
- Click on “Privacy > Microphone” and then check “NovoConnect Software”
- Now, your NovoConnect Software & LauncherPlus/LauncherOne software should be able to output audio.